Yangmingshan Park Revisited

Monday, February 25, 2013



Yesterday was tiring so I started late today.  I took the MRT to Jiantan Station and hopped on the R5 bus to Yangmingshan.  From the Tourist Center Stop (the last stop of R5), you could ride Bus 108 to go on the areas within Yangmingshan National Park.  Although, this is my second time here, I'm still not sure where to go so I got off at the Visitor Center.  Please note that it's closed every last Monday of the month, as it is today, so I just need to figure out what to do.


Visitor Center
Yangmingshan Trail and Transportation Map
Around the Visitor Center

I saw a sign that has a clock on it and hoped that it would lead me to the Flower Clock.  I crossed the street going into the garden I've been to before.


Map of Yangming Park
Just passed by this garden (Azalea and Camellia Garden) as I've already explored this area before.

Azalea Garden

Good thing that the trail from the Visitor Center to the Flower Clock is mostly downhill, otherwise I might give up going there.

Yangmingshan Park
Signs to the Flower Clock
Path to the Flower Clock
Yangmingshan Park
Path to the Flower Clock
After about 20 minutes walk just following the signs to the Flower Clock, I finally reached it.
Yangmingshan Park
Flower Clock
Yangmingshan Park
Flower Clock
A Floral Expo/Festival at Yangmingshan
A Floral Expo/Festival at Yangmingshan
Yangmingshan Park
Bronze Statue of Chiang-Kai Shek
Yangmingshan Park
Cherry Blossoms
Yangmingshan Park
Cherry Blossoms
Yangmingshan Park
Fountain surrounded by Cherry Blossoms

Transportation:
  • Bus R5 from Jiantan MRT Station
  • Bus 260 from Taipei Main Station (outside exit M1)

Since I'm planning to go to Xinbeitou from here, I waited for this bus (Bus 129 to Beitou MRT Station).  However, after an hour of waiting, there's not a sign of this bus yet.  I've seen the locals waiting with me go back to the bus stops inside the park.  I followed their lead and just went for Bus 260 to Shilin MRT Station.

Yangmingshan Park
Bus 129 Route

Yangmingshan Park
Bus 260 Route


1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for your detail information!

    May i know which one has more frequency to yangmingshan (R5 or bus 260) ? I actually stay nearby Taipei Main Station, but i noticed mostly people is going to take bus RED5 instead of bus 260. Therefore, could you recommend which one should i take?

    Is it easy to find bus 260 at Taipei Main Station? Is the bus very frequent from Taipei Main Station to yangmingshan?

    Thanks ya!!

    ReplyDelete