Fun in Taiwan

Saturday, February 23, 2013



It has been a while that I've been wanting to go back to Taiwan.  It has been 3 years since my first trip to this country.  Just like before, this trip coincides with the sky lantern festival.  My goal was to see the releasing of sky lanterns up close.

It was late November when PAL released some promo fares.  I preferred PAL flights as the flight schedule is much better especially since I'm traveling alone.  I paid US$168.30 for my airfare, still expensive than that of budget airlines.  My original schedule was Feb 22 (ETD MNL 07:20) to Feb 26 (ETD TPE 17:25).  However, come January, I received an email from PAL for some changes in their flight time schedules.  They changed my flight to Feb 22 (ETD MNL 11:05) up to Feb 27 (ETD TPE 17:25). That's one day more than my intended stay.

Manila Departure Time change
Taipei Departure Date change
I checked on the new schedules and requested that my flight be moved to Feb 23 - 27 instead.  The flight schedule on those dates would still have the same time as the original.  Good thing it was approved (even if there are no more available slots for my ticket class) and so I also adjusted my requested leave of absence.


New flight schedule
Then, I booked my hotel, Saual Keh Hotel, from booking.com.  I was planning to just get a hostel room but I'm not ready for that adventure yet (going solo on a hostel).

For my visa, I just applied for it online.  This is possible as I have a valid US visa.  I got the confirmation right away.  Now, I'm ready for my trip.

Authorization certificate and immigration stamps

Itinerary

There are still lots of places I want to explore.  So, I decided to skip some of the places I've been to before.  I have no definite itinerary for my 1st, 3rd and 5th day but I have places in my mind that I consider going to on those days.  In the end, the items below made up my itinerary.


Day 1:
- From the airport to the city
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
- Din Tai Fung (the original store at Xinyi Rd)
- 2013 Taipei Lantern Festival at the Yuanshan and Fine Arts park area of Taipei Expo Park
- Miramar Entertainment Park

Day 2:
- Taipei Zoo area
- Transportation to Shifen

- Jingtong
- Shifen

- 2013 Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival

Day 3:
- Yangmingshan National Park
- Xinbeitou
- National Taiwan University
- Taipei City Hall area

Day 4:
- Road to Alishan

- Gaushanching Hotel
- Alishan's Town Center
- Alishan Station
- Alishan Forest Recreation Area


Day 5:
- Alishan Sunrise Trip
- Chiayi Station and National Chung Cheng University (CCU)
 

- Alishan to Chiayi to TPE airport

No comments:

Post a Comment