The Din Tai Fung Experience

Saturday, February 23, 2013



It's already after lunch, and I can already feel the hunger.  Since I'm already in the area, I decided to walk from Chiang-Kai Shek Memorial to the original branch of Din Tai Fung at Xinyi Rd.  I've already tried this in Singapore but, of course, I wanted to know the taste of the original.

If one would take the MRT, it would be near Exit 5 of Dongmen station. 

Oh...wow! It's already 2PM and the place is still full.  As per the staff, it would take about 45minutes to an hour to be seated. :(  Take out would just take 10-15 minutes.  Due to my grumbling stomach, I just opted for take out.







This just shows how busy their kitchen is... the supposed window where you can see how the dumplings are made is covered with moist.


A peek at the inside of the restaurant

It took me a total of 40minutes after I got my take out and be back at the hotel. :( I should have just waited for a table at the resto.


The food is not hot anymore when I started eating but it's still delicious!  If you have a chance to dine in one of its branches, don't miss out on the xiao long bao.




No comments:

Post a Comment