Alishan Accommodation: Gaushanching Hotel

Tuesday, February 26, 2013




The good thing with hopping on the shared ride (van) is that they will bring you to your hotel's doorstep as long as its in Alishan's Hotel Area, saving you some time in finding where you will be staying.  The area is a bit downhill from the bus station, at the back of the supposedly Visitor Center (it's under construction at the time of my trip).

Most of the hotels are clustered in the area, except for 2 (or is it 3?) hotels that's within the forest recreation area.


Hotel Area
I stayed at Gaushanching Hotel.  I booked this through booking.com for TWD1700 (inclusive of taxes and service charge) per night.  It has complimentary breakfast (which is on another building near 7-11) and free wi-fi.  Since check-in time is at 15:00, I just left my bags there and did some exploring.

Alishan
Gaushanching Hotel
Alishan
Hotel Area
Alishan
Path going up the town center
Alishan
Going up the steps, I passed by this picnic area
at the back of the hotel;this also
leads to a 2nd floor door of Gaushanching
Top of the steps
Alishan
Hotel Area Map I found at the top of the steps

It was already around 4:00PM when I got back to the hotel.  I checked-in, freshen up a bit, relax my tired legs and went out again to get some dinner.

Gaushanching Hotel Interior
Alishan
Hotel Room at Gaushanching
Alishan
View from my room (look at that fog!)

When I got back, I felt that it's cold in my room and didn't know how to turn on the heater (for room temp).  So I went downstairs and asked the staff.  However, there are no English-speaking staff at night so it was very hard to communicate.  They called one who I could speak to and, if I heard it correctly, I've been informed that they hadn't (or won't) turned it on because there's just a few guests for the night. Brrrr! I survived the night using my jacket and comforters.

Alishan Weather

Buffet breakfast the next morning was at a building near 7-11 and it's mostly Chinese dishes.  A coupon was given to me when I checked in, which needs to be presented upon entry to this dining area.


Breakfast
FYI: When taking the bus to the city, you could ask them if they have available service to get you to the bus station.  They would most likely give you a ride since it's uphill.


2 comments:

  1. We need to find a great accommodation when we are travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gaushanching Hotel is a great place and it's a must to visit. I think the food is also good and I hope to taste it early next month.

    ReplyDelete