Xinbeitou Trip

Monday, February 25, 2013



Xinbeitou (New Beitou) is a place to go for hot springs near the city center. To get there, take the Red MRT line to Beitou Station then transfer to the train going to Xinbeitou.

Beitou MRT Station
Themed train to Xinbeitou
Xinbeitou Station
Upon exiting the station, just go straight and cross the street.  You could start your walking tour at the Public Library.  I just followed the path as indicated in the map.  I started on the left path.

Xinbeitou Guide Map
Taipei Public Library - Beitou Branch
 

I wasn't even halfway of the path when I saw this.  Hmmm... I could burn 49.7 kcal doing the full route.  Why not?!


Beitou Hot Spring Museum
Millenium Hot Spring

I think Beitou Thermal Valley is closed every Monday.  However, I haven't seen any sign outside of the operating hours of the the so-called "Hell Valley".

Beitou Thermal Valley
Beitou Thermal Valley
Beitou Stream
On the way back, I went on the other path.  This one has a row of hot spring hotels.

Hot spring hotels
I ended my walking tour on the other side of the public library.

Taipei Public Library - Beitou Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment