Seoul Lantern Festival 2013

Friday, November 1, 2013



Seoul Lantern Festival 2013 is being held from November 1 to 17 at Cheonggyecheon Stream.

We took subway Line 5 to Gwanghwamun Station and took the exit to Gwanghwamun Square.  Here are some pictures I took before I go to the stream.

Gyeongbokgung
Gwanghwamun Square
Gwanghwamun Square
We continued to walk towards the Cheonggyecheon Stream.  This cone-shaped structure tells me I'm already in the area. 


There was a lot of people lined up to go down by the stream.  I guess it was because it's the first day of the festival.  The pictures below are some of the lanterns in the area.

Entrance to the festival

This one lantern stands out for me.  Why?  It's because it's from the Philippines.  This Christmas tree is made from Capiz lanterns.

Seoul Lantern Festival 2013
Capiz lanterns from the Philippines
From the end of the lantern display in Cheonggyecheon stream, we just walked to our hotel at Jongno 3-ga.


No comments:

Post a Comment